R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 04:25 PM
racerb
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Oli - with no time to test or adjust - I would leave what you have on there already. This is a whole entirely new package, and no need to ruin your raceday if turning it off doesn't "make it exactly like the previous version".

And that makes for another caution:
This package is not a "magic bullet" that you load up and it's fast right out of the gate. You need to time to run, check lap times, adjust settings, run, check lap times, and etc for several days/sessions to really dial it in for your car and track. Then report back in with your optimized settings so we can build a database in order to give folks advice for a "head start" starting point when it goes public.

If you are headed for a big race weekend, I would leave the new stuff off till the mains are over and then start some practice time with the new software afterward.
oh sure, now you tell me Jk... going to try it at the race on sunday.. it our last club indoor race and I really got nothin to lose.... then we headed outdoors on the big track, ( I have already done a little testing... just to get a feeling on what settings did what to the car, only prob is I didn't have any other cars to gauge it against)
will report back on sunday or monday... sunday if it good monday if not so good