R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 03:15 AM
mikky32
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
RRRRR my Tekin loving friend

With the old Black Diamond software I think "T" 203 would have been a little better on bigger tracks.

However the new BD software.. is well how does one say this "the next level" something which should worry all "T" drivers out there...

And yes on ever track some ESC work better but that still comes down to gearing and driving skill - This ESC will not make you the world champion but not sure a Tekin would ether right now LRP hold this crown.

399.00 euro's for this is a bargin.
That's right I love my Tekin.
The big advantage of the Tekin is, is that as you can't handle mode 5 on the BD, than your speedo is as fast as a SPX.
The Tekin you can set as you want. You can set maximum power but also between the SPX and maximum power.
Still the BD is not for sale here so I don't think that many will buy it out here now they are already have bought or will buy soon a new speedo.

The infield power was good but not better than the Tekin.
I can say that the Mamba, SXX ss, Tekin, GM and the Advanced are in the infield very close to each other. This part decides the driver who is faster ad the moment and not the speedo.
The straight is for the Tekin. It was with the V200 and it is with the V203.
The Tekin has the highest top speeds. It has still the highest top speed from 84km/h. No GM or LRP has still broken that top speed on the track. I now that when it will be dry, that the drivers will go race outdoor again and that the record will be improved a lot.

And you are right the driver decides who wins.
So spending 399 euro for something that isn't for sale jet out here and when you don't now how the service is, is a lot of money.
You can buy 2 Tekin's a Hotwire and a motor for it. So my choice is easy, I keep my Tekin and save a lot of money for that 0,01 sec of extra infield power and the 0,1 sec loss on the straight ad my club.
So when the driver decides who wins and not the speedo. Why spend so much money on something that isn't the thing that makes you win?

I wasn't that impressed of the speedo. They told me that it was the speedo to have but after racing against it, the hype was gone.
The ones that drove with it and have a Tekin were all not impressed. They all missed top speed and the option to change the setup.
Also the SXX ss is here ad my 2 club's not so popular any more. All the problems with it were not a good thing for sales out here. The speedo has a bit more top speed and punch out of the corners but it has also a lot of problems. Than the 399 euro's is better spend on the BD. This speedo is reliable and that is the LRP not.
No I keep my Tekin, I have it from the beginning, in the time of the LRP TC.
It is updated all those years and now it's still one of the fastest and as I see the results of the Snowbirds, than Tekin is nr 1.
On the Birds the BD was sold for 150 dollar. That is 109 euro!! You could buy 3 of them and a motor ad that time. That is a good price for a speedo.

I don't say that it is not a good speedo because it is a very good speedo. Don't take me wrong but I'm not that impressed of it to spend such a lot of money.
As it needs for Tekin to bring out a new speedo to keep up with the BD as it get's faster, than my choice will be Tekin. The service is the best there is and they have helped me very good so there must happen a lot before I change to an other speedo.