R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BRUSHLESS 21.5 STOCK SPEC RACING @ WEST COAST RACEWAY
Old 03-14-2010, 08:16 PM
timmig
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

" Is the picture becoming more simple?"

The simplest thing of all --- SPEC ESC's--tires and motor. Nothing else needs to be added---BUT--where do you draw the line on exceptions? I've already got a motor--I"ve already got tires--I've already got an ESC---why do I need a new one?

You're right---I've been very fortunate!! I'd be happy to help anyone get started too!! And I'm sure some time in the future---a "Spec" class could be created for all of the old stuff around out there. But this one has been sponsored by a manufacturer---that should mean something for the manufacturer---otherwise--why do it? Tamiya does a similar thing---you can run on their track nearly every Saturday--all they ask--is you use their cars!!

IF you really need BUDGET racing----and I'M ALL FOR THAT---run the ABC TrueSpec series-- you can't get any more low budget than that---and it's a LOT of fun. AND---there are a LOT of class's for your friend to run in--- if he can't afford a NEW class--that's okay--- CHarlie's got LOT'S of class's to run in--he'll find one for your friend to fit in!!
FWIW
Tim

Last edited by timmig; 03-14-2010 at 08:33 PM.