R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 09:42 PM
VR6T
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
As Hebiki said, the setups for 416 transfer over well as starting points for the car. I would use c blocks up front or maybe even d's for the stability at those speeds. Make sure you have all upgraded drivetrain and the aluminum diff is a must. White front, blue rear springs would be a good starting point. Make sure you watch the bottom of the chassis for scraping. Going that fast its easy to do and will make the car slide all over the place in sweepers. If you need more detail let me know.

Your going to have to get the car balanced weight wise very well. Suspension settings need to be accurate left to right. Your going to have torque steer, but its not all that bad as long as the car is set up right.

You can run 64 pitch if you prefer, but I recommend that you just use 48 pitch for the strength for mod. Belt drive's absorb a lot of the backlash from braking, and accelerating and fair better with 64 pitch. Shaft drives have no give....your pinion and spur teeth being the smallest contact points in the drivetrain will give first. I've run 4 turn brushless with no issues in reliability with my TB03.
u mean use 1C suspension block of FR or FF?
Thanx for the guide..
now need to get those alumninium diff

Originally Posted by Hebiki
dont forget anti-wear grease on the uni pins if you're using a spool.
Thanx for the tips man...