View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
rocketron
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just a comment regarding the C rating as it relates to this new 21.5 class. I have been running 21.5 for a couple weeks now and testing the fesability. I have run many different batteries from high C to low C as well as high mAh batteries and low. Lap times are consistant with all the batteries run to date. In fact the lower C rated batteries possibly performed better than the high C rated batteries with the decreased amp draw of the 21.5 motor. As many racer know battery temp is important and the 21.5 warmed the lower C batteries better.

This class will introduce much closer racing than we have seen recently with the advanced esc techonolgies. It is discouraging when you see a spread of "laps" when everyone is supposedly racing in the same class. When you watch the racers running mini's laughing and having a great time it appears to have a lot to do with the fact that they are all approximately the same speed. RC racing is a hobby and i hope that this class can bring some close racing and bring back the "FUN" factor in touring cars.

This is a big effort on the part of West Coast to help bring fun back to racing and the class will be monitored and adjust IF NEED BE to keep the racing close and fun.
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote