R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 AM
vafactor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Maybell,
What kind of rebound to center should a person expect when checking tweak on a tweak station? Should a person expect the bubble to return to center when you push one side of the tweak bar and then push down on the center spring connection to the rear pod? I am wondering if I am expecting to much or do I have a binding issue.
Thanks for your reply and time
God Bless
when the car is setting on a tweakboard and one side of the rear pod is pushed down, the car should re-center itself when you let go. Depending on how thick of dampener lube you are using, it might not "snap" back immediately or super quickly. And it may come almost all the way back but not quite 100% (98% is ok). But if your pod doesn't center itself back quickly and almost completely, then you should be looking for a binding problem. With the motor in the car, sometimes it's hard to feel a bound up pod. What I do is remove the top plate, the motor, and both side plates so that only the middle pivot ball, the side links, and the lower plate are together. The lower plate should raise and fall and it should tilt sideways in a completely free manner. No bind of any kind is acceptable. Often the middle pivot get's knocked out of position and that binds up the pod. It's critical that the pod is free in both orientations (front to back and side to side), and it's easiest to verify without the side plates, the motor, or the dampener. When all of that stuff is installed, the weight of the complete assembly makes it hard to tell by feel if the pod is free enough. But when you have only the lower plate on the car, it will be very obvious in feel if there's any binding. If there is any, then it's important to find it and to eliminate it.