R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:35 AM
morris
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmcvicker
I did a race up in Buffalo in early Feb. The leader in stock SCT had a 17.5 Tekin in a Blitz and lapped the field at least once in the first of two A-mains. Also, a real good driver too - but still, good power out of the 17.5 versus stock Blitz parts. Doesn't it come down to wattage (watts = power). If a 17.5 can pull certain watts versus a stock motor/ESC - it just doesn't seem to be a fair comparison.

Throw a watt-meter on a stock blitz or slash and get some numbers and then do the same on a 17.5 and compare. Since brushless is also more efficient and if it is pulling more watts - it is putting down more power. (wattmeter is on my shopping list this year).
very true.
question is that you and i know both they are going to allow to run the 17.5 class with the stock electronics.
i would just want to go to bl for the efficiency part of it.not to get more power.

i ran this past weekend at my local track a lrp quantam2 esc in my blitz.cause the stock esc went up in smoke.people there basically was like thats why your so fast.but the truth was is that it was slower than all the slashes out there.even the other blitzes.they said i was faster cause the esc has better resistance or something.