R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM
heretic
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dfiantii
What much needed updates are you refering to? The Losi Type R was ahead of its time and still is. So good that it does not constantly need newer parts to make it race worthy. "Every" car out there right now needs modification to fit lipo and all of them need more than the Type R in my opinion. Having the biggest mah Lipo does not mean you will go faster or win more races, there are plenty of lipo's on the market right now that are 5000mah and can drop right in. The only thing I wish was that there were still team drivers but I think the people on this form have filled in great from the absence of Losi support on this car. The car is great just where its at.
Don't worry, I am not a RC fashion victim who thinks that I need the greatest. It's just that Orion packs are mandatory where I race (Switzerland) and I recently bought a Molecular 5400. Also the 4mm tube plugs might be a problem (not sure) with the regular top plate. But I know that my 3 year old Orion will fit, I just might need/want to use something else someday. The main reason why I am complaining is much more towards the commercial attitude of Losi which is very disapointing , especially knowing how easy it would be for them to release a few more parts, among which a "modern" top plate. I know the car can be money, I just feel let down even though part support is okay.