R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center
Old 03-05-2010, 12:41 PM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

First off, thanks go out to head of the Parks Dept for Seatac for bringing this to Todd, and thanks to Todd for spear heading the effort,

however, it only makes sense to approach the city with the idea of a Temporary off road track which could be built for little or no cost to the city to show turnout numbers and interest in such a facility, One of our local hobby shop employees could give better numbers, but off road sales to on road sells has to be 15-20 to 1, looking at the inventory for the local hobby shops its pretty clear off road is more popular. for the rock crawlers, I have access to 1man and 2man rock delivered for next to nothing. I cost of getting into a off road vehicle is also much cheaper compared to on road. My thinking would be to build the temp off road track, have people come play, maybe have a organized race here and there, and then go back to the city with real numbers that would clearly show a serious interest in this race facility. Once again, all this could be done at little or no cost to the city.

one only has to compare NWIC turnout numbers to ECT turnout numbers to see the above is true, I remember when the guys at PIR (sir) posted they were going to be building an off road track, the next day, there were 15 or so of us out there helping and playing. just my thoughts, I will try and be really quite for here on out.