R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 08:56 AM
TM America
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the information and feed back. I have not been an Edam Distributor very long but I can say to date other than this report I have not had any reports of troubles with the 2 speed. Now on the other side of my mouth I heard the original springs for the adjustment screws were to soft and we have a new hard spring set for the 2 speed. There hasn't been any overhaul of the 2 speed as mentioned.

I have, as gpm-parts, found the edges of the shoes on my Razor and replacement shoes to be sharp and a bit intruding. I also filed them down to keep them smooth. I check the inside of the gear housing to make sure there are only normal marks from the shoes engaging. I also found at times where the ends were not perfectly flat. So when the shoes are screwed down and the shoes should be touching and flat, becasue the ends were not flat the shoes would be out of round. I fixed this also with a file to make sure the ends were flat and when the shoes are press together everything was even and the shoes were in perfect round. Would any of this cause a problem? Not sure but I just check every piece before I place it on the car to make sure. My driving will cause enough problems for the car and myself so I don't need to add any others!

The hard spring kit stock number is SG00054.