R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New OCM BR-5
Thread: New OCM BR-5
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 06:56 PM
IRSR
Tech Regular

Exclamation

Well~
INTECH BR-5 has nothing to do with OCM and definitely not a product or a brand of OCM. Their buggy looks similar because the buggy of OCM were designed and manufactured by INTECH owner Harry which he did previously work for OCM. Since OCM is gone for some reasons, Harry built his own brand INTECH and started venture on his own.

So I guess maybe Dracing was trying to promote intech's product "BR-5" but misused by his former company name OCM. Or is that confusion a conspiracy or what?? Just Kidding!! XD

Here's a quote of discussion about OCM and INTECH early 2010 by Kevin, and I believe he made a clearly statement already before.

“This is from Harry:- (Owner of Intech)

Harry was the real co-designer/manufacturer for OCM Products behind the scenes when the decision by OCM was to make better quality parts in Taiwan, not China. OCM Business was not owned by Intech and Intech had no control over direction/management decisions made by OCM.

However all the buggies original functionality that worked has remained and after lots of R&D and feedback from drivers around the world, I believe we have come up with a truly competitive vehicle that has all the changes drivers asked for.

You can be assured we at Intech Racing have no affiliation with the previous owners of OCM Racing

btw I also have no affiliation at this time with Intech, just wanted to let you guys know what was going on.”

Cited from the thread "01-07-2010 new OCM buggy"

Last edited by IRSR; 03-04-2010 at 10:43 PM.