R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Ed237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just want to thank Rob for giving Brad and me this awesome opportunity to make things better. Naturally, We plan to give back the track to Rob in better shape than we received it.

The first thing we've decided to do is change the name of the track to the B & T Raceway and increase race fees to $100 for the first class and $50 for the second.

We've also found it necessary to tweak the rules just a little.

Effecive immediately all Short Course racing (Stock, Mod, 4wd) has been outlawed. We'll finally get some peace around here without all that agonizing bickering about SC rules anymore.

No one will be permitted to run a nitro vehicle at B & T Raceway without a starter box. This one is obvious. Pull starts and roto start devices just look bad and send the wrong message to new racers.

We've also decided to cut the 1/8 Truggy class. I mean c'mon; 3 hp motors and tires the size of volley balls? Its just plain overkill. Just sac up and run 1/8 buggy instead.

1/8 electric and 1/8 and nitro buggy will be combined into separate classes. (We'll have more info later about we're actually going to do this)

We will require all racers follow ROAR rules except for people who we know to be honest. The racers who are known to be honest know who they are and only need to look at me or Brad until we look back AND nod once to know that they can do whatever they want without concern of a tech inspection. Got it?

Lastly, Everyone other than Brad and myself will be required to volunteer marshall at least 2 times a round. Brad and I have exempted ourselves because we'll be too busy enforcing the rules.

We thank you all for you co-operation and keep checking the forum for other important announcements.

Last edited by Ed237; 03-03-2010 at 04:36 PM.