R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rjmracer
We can all understand that it takes time to come out with something competitive and safe yeah.... but how long can some people wait before they have to go out and buy an lrp or tekin? Yeah the 107 software is good but its still a distance away from what is fastest at the moment. I am slowly losing confidence in the speed passion stuff as there are a couple of manufacturers at the moment that are ahead of the game... Do i stick with my sp stuff on 10.5 or do i just go with what i know is fast as at the moment i know il go to a race meeting and be struggling...
LOL this is always the case isn't it. You just want a copy of the prototype software and when your speedy/motor blows up you will complian that it was the softwares fault even though it wasn't final. This same story happened to the Tekin users who were being beaten by other speedies last year. Some ppl had a cry and sold their speedies thinking tekin wasn't looking after them. Now take a look. Those same ppl look stupid. The software war means one speedy will have an advantage. Tomorrow it could be SP. They still want your business so they will try to develop software to at least match tekin. Why don't you just give them a chance to improve the software and get it right. It may just be worth the wait. Everyone is improving their software. I have software on my speedy now that is faster than tekin, but isn't perfect. It takes time and testing to produce reliable performance. Just keep in mind that out of the top speedies on the market, the SP is the most bullet proof and will have the most potential due to this.