R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc
I can't speak for the larger tracks, but on our 36x77 carpet track the 107 firmware is definetly up to par with the lrp and others but the tekin still has a VERY noticable advantage. I have out run the blue speedos but am about to cook a motor trying to stay with the tekin, I've been the only non tekin to be able to get in the a-main at our club races but its about to cost me a motor just trying to stay compeditive, so I can understand and appreciate the concern for making the new firmware SAFE and fast. I'm coming off the track with motor temps @180 now.
77 foot track is pretty small in my opinion...I too ran a race @ some place with similar size and like you said, my 110 setup is par with TEKIN. However, we all know that is not true when the track is getting bigger and more open. I just can't tell ppl SP speedo is as fast as TEKIN ONLY when your track is 80 foot and shorter/smaller. I remember those who was using 203 ended up downgrade to 200 in order to adopt the track size.

For those who has TEKIN (including me) their software is very EFFICIENT...fast is not a right term to discribe that. It applied the power to the motor at the right place, at the right time and motor/speedo does not get hot (if the setup is correct or close enough).

Like you...running @ 180 is NOT the right way to be fast. Trust me, when I was testing all those non-released software...I think the coolest one was above 200 degrees..and they are ended up a "SPOOL" within the motor cast at the end. Just not good enough to be release....