R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 NC 25MIN VID-WHOS THE WHINY B*TCH?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:54 PM
arm2storm
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51
First off, let me be clear. Team Associated does not condone nor tolerate poor representation of our products and company, no matter what talent a driver possesses. Actions result in consequences.

While it may seem like a few of our drivers are the focus of controversy, one must also recognize that the spot light is always on them. The pressure they place on themselves to perform is much higher than any pressure we place on them as manufactures. And when things go wrong, frustration sometimes gets the better of them.

It is truly unfortunate for Maifield that the camera was right next to him for this main event. If the camera were on the other end of the driver’s stand I’m sure similar flaming comments could be made of those drivers. I have been on the stand and around the pits for numerous main events and heard everyone from novices to top pros talk this same way on the stand. This doesn’t make it right, but does illustrate that Maifield should not be singled out among everyone else.

I’m sure there are many people following this thread that won’t comment, heck even I was unsure a few pages ago, but people always ask what it’s like to be top R/C racer. Here you go…this is part of it. You want to have a video camera three feet from your mouth, in one of the biggest mains of the year, after struggling to make the main event at your “home track”, work your way up to third only to have your engine richen up, drive 110% to keep pace and eventually fall to mid pack…it’s gotta be frustrating. Just think of how upset you might get for crashing on an "A" main run.

No one ever wins these types of debates. The best thing to do is embrace it, learn from it and move on. As Ryan’s Team Manager this is something we will discuss and learn from and use as a tool moving forward in his racing and representative career. By this point, I’m sure Ryan is more embarrassed than anything. If nothing else, this has shown the intensity and competitiveness of professional R/C racers; and yes, some whining as well. May we all learn a valuable lesson from this experience and remember how emotional we were at 23 years old.

I hate to still beat a dead horse but the camera was in the middle of two drivers and you could only hear one yelling.

I respect Ryan for apologizing like a man but I'm sure there was a little pressure from somewhere.

Just something that doesn't make sense is why would an O.S. ENGINE be broken in and not a REEDY ENGINE.

Ryan, shine some light on that video where Tebo made a clean pass and got reared.

Not hating..... just curious.