R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2002, 06:45 PM
darnold
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BTW put a zero in front of the shim sizes for the ball studs at the front suspension.
Next: I run 1 metal washer from the kit under the front arms with 1.74" fronts down to 1.65" fronts. This car seems to have better clearance than my previous car so you don't need big tires and that helps on high bite tracks. I run the #1 cam down with 1.90" rears and if you run 1.95" rears or higher then try the #2 down. The main thing is to keep the chassis level and get it as close to 3mm and keep it around there as possible. I am just now starting to concentrate on this and it is paying dividends.
Back at the rear of the car make sure you space the rear out to maximum length (ROAR rules) which I think is 6 3/4" this really makes the rear stable. To do this I put .201" spacer on the diff side and with the clamp mounted so that the thin side faces the axle cam I use a .227" washer on that side (left side looking from the back). I use 30wght. oil instead of the 20wght I got in the kit and a blue Assoc spring with light tension (about .150" of thread showing) and a .030" washer under the ball stud on top of the damper plate for the top of the shock (to smooth the reaction from the shock out a little).