R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Trailer
Thread: Nitro Trailer
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 04:49 PM
petevette
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

First thing to consider is the amount of fuel the tow vehicle is going to suck down pulling the trailer to out of town events. Your going to have to find some pit buddies that are willing to pony up some gas money to offset the cost of towing with today's gas prices. I have a 7x16 with all the toys, refrigerator, A/C, microwave, electric grill, compressor, radio, satellite TV, 12v power supply and more. Between all of that and the weight of the bench and my race gear it gets to be alot for my expedition.

However with that said, if you go for it get the v nose trailer for aero dynamics. Also go for the 8 foot wide so you can effectively use both sides of the trailer. The 7 foot wide doest allow alot of space to work with. It ends up being a wall just to hang stuff from. Last advice is to go with either a 12 or 16 footer. You will find yourself cutting off 2 feet of the panels to accomodate a 14 footer. You have to buy enough panels, 4x8, you might as well use them rather then to cut them down to size. I pit three easy in my trailer but can do 4 a little tight.