R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 NC 25MIN VID-WHOS THE WHINY B*TCH?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
s porter
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthijs
I live in Europe, so maybe I'm wrong and haven't seen the real live yet...but I really don't think it's normal to use the F#$ck word every sentence, shout a marshall out of his pants and missbehave in this way. There are a few people on the same stand beside him and I bet they are disturbed in their concentration.

And come on...he is a pro, he should act like one. As a sponsored and paid driver you are supposed to be a rolemodel and somebody to whom little kids should look up to. Yelling like this and disrespecting a sponsor who pays you to run their engines, very mature, I'm sure new sponsors will stand in line.

As to the camera being right next to him and that it should be forbidden... be serious.... this whole game and industry is kept in business because of internet and magazines.... publicity sells products....and products need good ambassadors.

But hey, he had a bad day, got lapped, hacked and didn't do well. Shit happens and people get upset. But don't defend him on his bad behavoir, this isn't the way you want your kids to act do you?
+1 How anyone could think other than what you have posted is beyond me. If my kid acted out like that in public, I would beat him senseless, I don't care how old he was. I have lost my cool on a few occasions at the track, and regretted it every time..I'm surprised to see a guy with that kind of race experience lose his cool like that....Not a smart move on his part for his wallet's sake. FWIW, I haven't ever heard or seen the likes of Adam Drake do that sort of stuff.