R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD
Old 02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Nova F1 Racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
At the NEGS I was running 10.5 1/12th and I didn't have any undue problems with bumps. Mimi's is a very nice racing surface and a great facility. Not to mention that Mimi herself is one of the best folks that one could ever meet in the hobby/sport, and she has been supporting our collective interest for a very long time. Is the Track's racing surface billiard table smooth? No. But it's plenty smooth enough, smoother than most, and a great place for hosting a great race. The track conditions are way better than virtually every travel race that I've attended in the last 10+ years. At Cleveland for years and at last year's Nats in Ohio, those Hotel tracks always have very significant and problematic ripples. And the track conditions there even change dramatically thru the weekend. And yet we always have great racing and great fun at those Hotel venues. Compared to those lumpy and inconsistant temporary layouts, our track at Mimi's could be described as billiard table smooth. It's just a Sears billiard table and not quite a perfectly ground slate surface. Heck, isn't this why the cars have springs and shocks on them anyway? A few imperfections are all just part of solving the puzzle. And the best puzzle solver always wins. Bring it on boys.
Well put and right on the money Perry.