R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Get Well Soon Brad "DOMIT" Smith
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 09:03 PM
1 BAD JATO
Tech Rookie

Default GET WELL SOON

Originally Posted by rfleck
Hi, I am starting this thread because a dear friend of myself and the RC community has been very badly injured this weekend. I would like to give many people who know Brad a common medium in which we can all wish him a speedy recovery.
This weekend a bunch of us from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area went to Austin to support the Make a Wish Foundation Race for a boy named Noah. The event was a very successful and the money raised for Noah and his family far surpassed the goal. It’s amazing what can happen when we all pull together as a community.
All of us in the RC community have developed many friendships through the years doing what we enjoy. I can absolutely say the group of people you meet while RC car racing is unlike any group of people I have ever met. Brad has been in the hobby for a few years now and absolutely enjoys the comrades he has met through the years.
After the Make a Wish Race for Noah had been completed (around 2AM Sunday morning), Brad was attempting to recover the Team Terribles Team Banner from the driver’s stand and fell. When he fell from the driver’s stand he hit his head on the pit lane wall. When this first happened, a great number of us were packing up our RC gear and either planning to journey home or return to our hotels for some much needed rest. The paramedics were dispatched and arrived on site pretty quickly although in a case like this it can never be too quick.
I’d like to give personal thanks to two individuals who tended to Brad in this time of need. Nick Lefebvre and Mike Clark. Without there assistance, Brad could have been hurt much worse.
Brad’s injuries are 3 broken ribs, 6 fractured vertebrae, 2 facial fractures, and a broken nose. At this time, the hospital expects Brad to recover without any needed surgeries although there are some uncertainties.
Brad will eventually recover and will be on RC Tech and it would be great for him to know how valued he is to the community which he enjoys so dearly.
Brad Hope you get well soon, are prayers are with you and we wish aspeedy Recovery to you . I dont personaly know you but can tell your a stand up kinda Guy my hats off to you get well soon My Friend. Dave aka.1 Bad Jato