R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tub Cyclone `S`
Thread: Tub Cyclone `S`
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
cherry2blost
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozvena
Thanks! I saw your Cyclone, it looks great! Do you still prefer the SSG Graphite to the black one?

To add to the confusion, two are listed as 30g and the 3rd is listed as 150g. That must be a typo, I think.

Here are the updated pictures with some notations about DIY changes made to the Chassis and components, these were mainly done to 'tame' the chronic 'on power' understeer that I was suffering coming out of corners. The car had ample turn in 'off power' but was pushing super wide as soon as the power laid on, meant that I could happily turn inside anybody as the car was super stable under braking, but as soon as I tried to pull away they were able to come inside me and go back past.

So far I have overtightened the Front Diff to act more like a spool, gone to a medium 3Racing Front Anti roll bar (instead of thick) and introduced the thin Rear anti roll bar in place of none installed, all in all has gotten rid of 'most' of the understeer. the only downside is a 'loosening' of the rear end a bit so it looks (and feels) like it is sliding out, but is super easy to catch when it does, so just a small change in driving technique was required to tame this, the car now gives me 2 laps more in our clubs 5 minute races due to these modifications, so all in all worthwhile.

The understeer was never a broblem until I flashed my Hobbywing with the latest Speed Passion 'STOCK' software and now have more power than the setup (as it was) could handle.

So here goes......