R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 06:22 PM
ZER01
Tech Master

Default Rear Toe Fix

Guys quit sweatin about the rear toe as there's a very easy fix for this both on the front and rear arm mounts.

On the the front simply place a .010" metal shim inbetween the left inner mount and the chassis, this will help correct the innertoe when you tighten up the inner block. I used a trinity brass motor shim and a pic is below.

On the rear it is more simple than the front, Simply take off both rear arms leaving nothing but the inner blocks. Now loosen both inner blocks about three quarters of a turn so that they are fairly loose. Next tighten up the left rear inner block like it is(no hingpin in it)just tighten the block up snug. Now take a hinge pin and place it in the right inner block and push it towards the center of the chassis and hold it there WHILE you tighten up the right inner block and make sure you fully tighten the block up-this will correct the rear toe without using differant hubs. Also I used a bit of force pushing the hinge pin towards the center of the chassis while I tightened up the block but it wasn't much to hurt anything.

The reason there is a a tad of toe off when you don't do this is because the inner mount twist towards the outside as you tighten up the inner block due to the screws wanting to twist the block with it-even with the outer block on.

I now have correct toe on each side via Hudy setup system with the same hubs on each side.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	picture 005.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	29826  

Last edited by webspinner; 02-04-2004 at 11:19 PM.