R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 09:40 AM
JusBox
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by jleibund
I know this is the wrong forum for this... I posted in the forum for Battery Pack Soldering and never got a response, here was my post:

I built my own 3300 GP battery pack and was planning on soldering it directly to the speed control. I have two questions, both of them probably fairly obvious, but nonetheless I don't want to damage anything:

1) If the wires from the ESC are not long enough, can I extend them using wires of the same guage and solder the ends together, cover the connection using the shrink wrap, or is this a no-no? I imagine that I'll want the overall length of the wires to be as short as possible.

2) when running a direct connection to the ESC, do you just charge the batteries by attaching clips from the charger to the -/+ terminals and just leave the electronics off? I'm worried about inadvertently damaging the components. I'm running the Novak Brushless 5800, which I believe is already equipped with a shotkey and the correct capacitors as is.

Thanks!
jleibund
1) buy some new wire, 3 feet shouldn't cost more than 3 or 4 dollars at the lhs. Wire length should be short but no so short that it's inconvenient, make it long enough so it's easy to make your connections.

2) Yep that's how you do it, just make sure you don't confuse pos and neg, it's easy to do when you're in a hurry.