R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XT8 or O'Donnell Z01-T
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Stubbs
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod
You are correct Matt. Xray parts are pricey, but you don't buy half as many parts as you do on some of the other rigs! I see some guys drag around 3-4 spare tanks in their toolbox just in case....I bring NONE. I doubt my tank will crack or break! All the Hudy steel items are VERY pricey, but they are way lighter than other similar parts, and wear 2-3x longer than other parts....hence the price markup on them.

I have 2 plastic Plano cases full of XRay Parts. The only ones I ever even open are spare screws that I stripped out. I have gone through maybe 2 body mounts due to crashes....and some eClips. That's pretty much it in a full season, minus the front shock shaft I listed above.

So no one will argue with people that say XRay stuff is pricey. We know ;-) We're still willing to pay for it, because we know we won't need to buy whatever part we're replacing again for awhile. Now I'm not saying other rigs are junk, just saying the XRay is THAT good IMHO.

Come on Scott, tell the truth.....with all those engine issues, you only got about 7 and half minutes of actual race time all of last season. A truggy made of glass would have lasted that long!

Sorry man, had to do it.....hopefully that Alpha will get you running for the long haul.

I have noticed one area on my OD that I'm not terribly happy with. I've bent 2 sets of lower hinge pins (inner front). Maybe it's because the holes in the arms that I had on the truck were wallowed out, or because I think I hit every stationary object on the track at my last race,I don't know.

I rebuilt the entire front end last night, so we'll see. If I keep bending pins, I'll have to get up with Steve O'Donnell to see if there's something I can do to minimize the bent pins (aside from driving better).