R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Drillit
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
thanx for the help,
btw on the new v3 13.5t motors the stock timing at the back comes with the sensor plug in between 0 and 10. what timing would this been? and i noticed that i get the led flashing problem when i run the motor with the sensor plug moved all to the left to 0.
I have had the same issue with the v3 sensors.......I have 3 (2 17.5s and 1 13.5) v3s of which I have lost 2 to sensor mechanical failures....the male pins are easily pulled from their mount on the board. You need to be very careful how you move the connector when adjusting the timing. I resoldered 1 successfully, the other, not so good, it's hard to get a good solder on such a small area.
You may also find that the sensor interferes with the stator windings! I have disassembled several of these to find the windings won't allow normal range of timing adjustment. Carefully, Very Carefully push the windings outwardly to gain more clearance for the sensor.

On the motor timing degree thing: It Is What It Is. The best advice I have seen and believe in is this: leave it in the middle, gear for temp/lap-time, drop a tooth, then use motor timing to adjust temp. NOW for U I enstine types, this is for non-ramp-up-non-turbo type speedos like the Speedpassion 1.1 that we are talking about here. Settings on the 1.1...stock...super stock.... Max drrs and timing per Adam way back when this thread 'reappeared'. Drag brake also adds heat.
Hope some of this helps