R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan
Old 02-14-2010, 03:45 AM
Murdadock
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raycerZ
OK, for guys like Jon who has lost the mojo for onroad, how about doing RC rallycross with our TCs? Just slap on some drift tires and rally body, and throw in some jumps and bumps on the track and we be good to go!

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRukTByY3Cg
Those are not drift tires, they are rally tires and they might as well be drifting. I think it would be fun but I wonder what those guys are running.

The track today was awesome. It was a little dryer but sticky too. Perfect condition. Ran into another guy from kinser who had dug his 1/8 nitro out of storage when he seen the article in the paper. We'll see more of him. He is a Flyer who said he knows Ethan. His boy was there with a 1/10 Buggy playing around.

To those who tried to help fix the firestorm yesterday, thanks. I tore it down again and just sorta poked it like a curious animal. Didn't do anything. Put it together and hald the axle cups with pliers and it worked fine. Got it to the track and it was screwed up again.
I felt REALLY stupid when I realized that the wheel nut backed off an the Wheel hex was stripped a bit and was making the thumping sound that sounded like a busted Diff.

New problem is the motor runs hot. It maintained a 170-193F temp during use. Surprised because I am running a 19T pinion and 23T motor. It seems to be running the same speed as Kens. Oh well, guess I'll have to slow it down.

Ken,
What are those tires your running on your LOSI ST?