R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which Engine out of these 2?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 01:34 AM
MontanaMaxx
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yuppi1
thanks for all replies

I can get the losi motor for $199 australian and the alpha for $190

Also which pipe would i run with this motor?

this will be my first race engine and first season racing

cheers
have heard nothing but good things about the alpha motors

Originally Posted by itsshemp
I have personally ran the Losi 350, and now the Alpha F850 (5 port). The Losi ran better than I had expected, but lacked power that I am used to. Run time was about 7.5 minutes. Mine was running the stock head button, but you can add the turbo button which I hear helps.

The Alpha F850 is a different animal. Power is amazing, and run time is an easy 9+. 10+ with a good tune, and pipe. Power delivery with the F850 is very smooth.

Do some research on both. There is plenty of info out there. Alpha is new to the market, so of course there are some hesitations by some, but I have been watching them, and now run one. I am personally very happy I chose the Alpha, and will be running the s852 in my truggy.

Good luck with your research.
Seems more good review of the alpha motor

Originally Posted by Flanno
Why do these type of threads always end up like this ?

Yuppi asked about just 2 types of engines !

It then turns into a slanging match about other engines mentioned, wich he wasn't asking about any way !

exactly just answers the guys question

Originally Posted by yuppi1
thanks guys for your back up!

just to let everyone no i have purchased a alpha z852 with a 2035 pipe. and just to say one thing this engine F@#$*@g RIPS!!!!

cheers guys
Good to hear i am looking into an alpha but i have an os 2060 pipe and not sure how it would work with the alpha motor