R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
katze
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
I'm not sure exactly on the center pulley shaft but we did talk a while ago about changing it to steel and putting a shoulder on it so you will only need a spacer on one side. This way it doesn't compress/tweak the car after being tightened down multiple times and the shoulder will eliminate struggling with 2 spacers and keep the center shaft from digging into the bulkhead on one side. Just little tweaks to make it easier/better.

Pedro - The optional camber plate is to change the lenght of the camber link. The 1.25mm has in between holes (instead of 2.5mm between holes) from the stock camber plates plus a really long position that I've really liked on the front end of my car....
Josh (or any other cool dude out there), care to enlighten on how a longer or shorter camber link affects handling?

it feels that a longer link is smoother in turns but cant allow the car to turn faster or harder for me....

and also, can explain how best i can use the various otion wings and upper decks to tune the car's handling? softer wings should give more grip and side bite and harder upper decks should give less grip overall but gain steering and response?