R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 07:10 AM
spongerX
Tech Adept

I'm having some problems getting the rebound set right on 2 of my TC5r shocks. I changed the weight of the oil and now I can't get 2 of the shocks to rebound evenly. I've got small holes drilled in the caps already. I've never had this problem before.

The procedure I use is as follows:
1) fill the shocks with oil, move pistons up and down to get the air bubbles out. Let sit for a while then top up with oil so that oil is level with the top of the shock.
2) Fit bladder into shock cap (with no foam above).
3) Push shock shaft right into the shock slowly so that the ball stud is flush with the bottom of the shock body. There is very little oil above the shock piston but no air bubbles if done slowly.
4) screw on shock cap and displace oil.

This worked fine for 2 shocks but the other 2 I can't get to not rebound. They don't even rebound at the same rate. This procedure has worked fine for me in the past but for some reason I'm having no end of trouble this time around.

Do I need to drill bigger holes in the caps? I used a really small drill to do it last time but the hole is not blocked by anything.

Any ideas on how I can get these shocks to not rebound or at least to rebound evenly would be great.