R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - losi 10t truggy
Thread: losi 10t truggy
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Grimlock212
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
did you change the OWB shaft when you changed the OWB ? the shaft is actually softer then the bearings, so if the OWb has worn out so has the shaft...replacing the OWB without replacing the shaft will result in slipping right away......When a OWB starts to slip you need to stop imediately and flush the engine with WD40..If you continue to try to start it with a slipping OWB you are just wearing out the shaft and bearings, as soon as its slipping its causing damage....some fuels oil package causes OWB's to slip very easily, some fuels work awesome with OWB, others can be a nightmare...... WD40 will degum the OWB instantly, you just need to give it about 10 minute to evaporate out of the engine before you run... Everything your describing sounds like typical OWB behavior, which is why I much prefer a bump box..... Plus the OWB shaft/backplate bushing can cause a huge air leak and make tuning difficult...
I don't think any of that will be an issue since I think they are giving me a new engine and ROSS (among other things.) I never used WD40, I would usually clean the shaft with a Q-tip and Simple Green and clean out the OWB similarly.

There are a lot of guys with lots of experience having issues with the OWB. I never owned a Traxxas with the OWB, but I know many of the guys have. They said that with the Traxxas OWN it was easy to clean and run a while. The ROSS behaving the same way with any of us. There definitely seems to be fuel leaking out the back of these since they are getting damp around the input shaft.

I agree that a starter box would be far more simple.