R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Most fuel economical .21
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Franchise
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shesha
Most people just center the servo horn adjust the trim and EPA and go race.

Instead of being your average joe, take the time to work on the servo response speed to match your throttle finger speed, to achieve this just put your throttle finger and throttle trigger on top of the engine carb and see how it responds to your input now do it slowly and do it real fast and I garantee you will see a difference.

After you got that sorted, try a couple of runs you will see the car respond better to your input on the track, not to mention a increase on your fuel economy since you dont have the abrupt acceleration out of your engine being out of synch with the actual movement of your finger.
Dude? I just went and tested this and your right on with that statement. You can actually see the servo responds slower. I don't have my engine installed but I placed my trigger/finger right next to the servo arm and the difference was noticeable right away. Now, when I moved my finger smoothly the servo was spot on. (Ace1015)

I have a smooth driving style. I'm not a trigger jabber. When I raced my RB 728 it would average about 8:50ish. I would pit at 8:00

Oh, i'm not an average joe anymore right?