R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:11 AM
dildil
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR
Just curious as to which foams you were using. I've found the Tamiya B's to probably be the best for my local track (outdoor asphalt) and the kit/A tyres to be fairly ordinary.
I was using the foamies that came in the kit. So the A's. I haven't tried the Bs.

I got the pro kit and it's all bog standard, no upgrades at all. Running silvercan.

I found that within two nights of racing on foam, the fronts had worn heaps. 60% on one and maybe 40% on the other. Way faster wear than my f103 used to do.

Last week I went to rubber, I had heaps of oversteer issues, but my diff was crap. The thing kept spinning out like my f103 used too. But the changes I made seemed to work this week (diff rebuild and lowering the rear). It will still spin out if I give it too much juice exiting the corner, but I have a touch of understeer once I've exited and can power on hard after the corner.

I love the feel, and sound, of the rubber tyres. And they feel really 'grippy'

I'm sure once the weather gets colder it will all change, but for now I'm convinced they are better than the foams at my track. Also, I'm not yet using any traction compounds or warmers.

Sorry I can't give you any more info, f1 is kind of my 'fun' class so I'm trying not to blow too much money on it, hence only having the one set of tires lol