R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 05:34 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
Hi Adrian, could you reccomend an approach for an indoor asphalt track (WCRC in california). the bite is very high(grip like carpet but cold, hard and abrasive), the asphalt mix used has no visible rock, just tar and very smooth. they occasionally treat the track in spots with WD-40.

FYI, using black/grey with JTG works ok, but i am struggling to get a natural rubber tire choice to work for better wear characteristics. i thought i was close with purple/magenta and 24 front spring (bmi) and short thick gr/ep flexbars and copper center spring. but it is still touchy. could suntan lotion make the front more predictable?
Suntan lotion might work. You will just have to try it.

If the traction is really high you might what to try going in the other direction with car setup. The carpet guys run their cars pretty soft when the traction is high. Stiff cars have very fast weight transfer and this makes them feel very touchy and can lear to traction rolling. Try the long thin fiberglass flex plates with fairly light rear damping in the tubes, a gold rear spring and .022 front BMI springs. This will let the car roll more and smooth it out.