R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Greg Sharpe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-VET
Do the 3.5 offset knuckles just extend the track width? How does this effect the cars reactions, I'm new to 2wd onroad.
Thanks
The 3.5mm measurement is how far back the axles are moved, essentially shortening the wheelbase a bit. They soften the initial reaction of the car to steering inputs, but I can't remember what they do mid-corner on out. RobK, care to chime in on this one?

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Sorry i missed it. What did FMW suggested to use?
Originally Posted by Fred from Tamiya on the TCS thread
....Rubber guys. Here's a tip for the Tamiya track. The stock rubber tires that come with the Ferrari F60 are B like compounds. That means they are for warmer weather. In two weeks we will be announcing a Type A compound for cold weather. You will need these if you race carpet and you will need these if you race in track tems that are below 65 degrees F. Here's another tip. Build your rear tires with some type of air gap. The stock foam for the Tamiya track at least fills the tire too much. I built them stock and with air gap and air gap is way better. It's night and day. Some people have built the rears with no insert, but I think that's too much. It works for sure, but you wear the rear tires more. My next test will be with fron air gap. Also, a normal 24mm shaped touring car insert will work fine for the rear. You will just have to cut a half inch or so and re-glue. Don't make the insert too tight around the rim as you will close off the hole in the rim.