R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Apex
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HCHL
This question may have been posted many times on this tread but I can't afford to scroll through 500 pages.

I am thinking of buying my first touring car, and the 416x appeals to me the most. Problem is all my current lipo packs are flat top and bottom type which doesn't have the sub-c bulges to fit into the chasis. What do you guys use the secure the lipo for flat batteries? Does the associated lipo retainer fit the 416x without any significant mod? Worst case scenario is to glue the retainer to the car? I saw the post a couple of pages back for bitty tray. I don't like the design. Any other choices?

Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thanks guys
This is how Jilles setup his 416X for the Birds and the new 1420gram weight minimum. He basically just moved the battery out to line up with the edge of the chassis and put weight on the rest of the chassis as needed. Just use tape to secure the battery and use some dbl sided tape under the battery between the sub-c holes to keep it in place. Can't get any easier than that.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6945827-post856.html

"Forget the balancing weights:

Minimum weight at Snowbirds race was 1420 gram.

I used 60gr weight on the centerline of the chassis.
Moved the battery little outside(5mm from bulkhead) , same line as outside chassis.
15gr right front under steering, 10 gr left front under steering.
5 gr right rear behind the Lipo.

Jilles"