R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 08:28 AM
jleibund
Tech Initiate

Hi rc-zombies,

I have a question for you about the options for the Pro 4. First let me say that this was my hobby when I was younger and I just recently decided to get back into it (about 12yrs later). I'm new to touring, but I wanted something that really screamed.

So I went with the Pro4, Novak SS Brushless, M8/Novak combo, 3300GPs. I know its overkill since I won't race it that much. Anyway, I'm waiting for it to arrive and I've been shopping for options. I picked up the Ti screws from Square, an clip-on heatsink etc, alot of the stuff you put on your car. RCModels seems to have the front Ti gear shaft, but not the rear. Since I don't read Japanese, I'll wait till they have both listed to get'em. I wanted to ask you why you replaced the shock shaft that came in the kit and where you found yours. Also, your note about buying a different set of bevel gears - what was the reasoning behind it and which ones did you go with? Where did you find them? Are there any other options you recommend? I'll probably stick with the default drive shaft instead of going carbon/graphite, but I was interested in what you said about the derlin diff. Are those available and what is the advantage? Is it just weight? Also, where did you pick up the servo arm and spring perches? Do you recommend ceramic balls?

Please forgive me for basically building your car, but I'm relying on those with obvious expertise and experience to help me get the most out of this thing!

Thanks!
jleibund