R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 03:05 AM
sosidge
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey
I will hopefully be getting my programming box today so can start to mess around with settings on my GT2.0 LPF. I have been trying to find any information about what various setting actually do. All I can find is that DDRS makes the ESC feel smoother or more aggressive depending on the settings. I'm a physics grad student, so always want to actually know what is going on I'm wondering what this actually does, whether it is just the same as throttle exponential or whether it is a current limiter that allows more current at higher RPM? Also is there any documentation that comes with the different software versions so I can choose the most sensible one for me, again actually knowing what they do. I'm quite a fan of the GM programs where you input all of the parameters yourself, such as "begin timing advance at 10,000 RPM", the turbo function. It looks like the new Novak Kinetic software has a nice visual interface to allow you to change things as you like. I'm sure this is possible with the SP as well, I just need to work out how to do it What I'm really after is for the motor to run as sensored around the infield and only have timing advance at full throttle. This seems to be the hot ticket in the UK at the moment

One last thing, has anyone tried to make their own software version, or mod one of the existing ones? I'd like to try playing around with this.

Cheers

Ben
Inputting 10 parameters depending on the track is over-rated...

The SP speedo is doing something to make the motor rev higher without losing punch down low... it's just that nobody outside of SP's own software engineer knows exactly what it is doing!

All I know is that, with the right gearing, the latest 107 stock software is a monster. To catch the 203 Tekins on the straight and have too much rip on the infield was a real pleasure...