R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRACK STAR RACER SERVICES NOW OPEN (SoCal)
Old 02-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Cyberacer
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stipres
Well, luckily my motor did fine, few others were having a lil trouble gettn the motors to run good. We all had to lean the motors substantially due to the thinner air up there. It was a nice day with normal humidity we have been having down here. I was running an OSp3 and I am pretty sure Danny was also. There was a very slight "bog" down in the low end, Danny had more of an issue than mine did. We leaned his motor and it got to the point where it was driveable. My biggest concern was the loss of power, it wasn't a whole lot, maybe 85% of what we are use to down here. I was wondering if you can gain that power back by changing the shimming?

Please don't miss understand the post, personally I think the Alphas looked the best out there. Granted a lot of people broke during the main, I still took the "W" by about 3 laps. The air was really thin and was just wanting to know what to do next time I was in those conditions.

Thanks to Mark Mayhem, an Alpha user blew his motor during his main, naturally he was "bad mouthing" Alphas. Long story short, Mark took a look at his plug and it had dirt in it. Hopefully he won't give up on the motors!
My Toro ran just fine. But on a more serious note, Pres your tune was fine after just fattening up the top about 2 hrs. Your clutch was more the issue. During your main, you COULD have gone at least 9 min between stops. I never put more than half a tank in during a stop.

I had a great day, big thanks to Pres, Todd, Danny and Mark for making room for me and the family to pit. Thanks again the Pres for covering my marshalling so I could be on the stand with Jermaine. He missed out on 2nd in the spec Slash class by 4 sec.

Hopefully the rain is light enough for us to race this weekend.....