R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher SST '99 pro (and previous SST models...)
Old 02-01-2010, 04:39 AM
heretic
Tech Master

So...

On these pix the car is temporarily assembled just to see which parts I'm going to use on the definitive car. The diffs and bearings are still gritty, some parts will be modded , etc.

The shocks are from a Mi2 ( regular, not EC) I was given by another friend (!) but the preload collar is a problem ( hits the plastic part on top of the diff housing) so I may change them to another brand, or just find other collars. I don't like the clip preload system.

I will use the steel diff outdrives because the 1% performance loss over the alu ones is compensated by the MUCH longer lifespan, especially should a pin cushion ( blade) break.

ALSO I have a major problem and I need your advice because if not solved this car will stay on the shelf for the rest of its life...

The car is kind of flexible, but that is not at all what worries me, I get my butt kicked on a regular basis by a t2R pro so I know that a flexy setup can rock. The problem lies in the fact that the car has a "memory", ie, if twisted it stay twisted without reurning to a "flat" position",and by twisted I mean a good amount of tweak...

How do you guys take care of that ? I suspect widening the little oval holes on the top plate ( over the motor mount) would help but I don't want to ruin anything, so I need you advice here...

Alienbiker, would you mind checking on your daughter's car if you have the same problem ?

On mine it very obvious because it has no body posts, so if the car is put upside down I can check easily if all 4 corners of the shock towers are touching the glass plate at the same time. I guess it would not take long for you to check, and it would greatly help...

thanks again to you all for reading !