R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI's DB12R
Thread: BMI's DB12R
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:13 PM
mike ivy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Jason,

Nice work man, Im very glad the cars did well prop's to ya Bro.

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

Just want to give you the results from the Snowbirds. This year we only had 1 guy representing BMI. We didnt want to put a big push on the big race manufacturer muscle flex so we decided to just do testing. Michael Abraira ran our new prototype 1/12th that has been optimized for the lighter weight of lipo. He also ran our World GT car with some prototype parts. I built the 1/12th car and sent it to him as he was leaving for the race. Without ever running the car, managed to put it 3rd overall in contolled practice. In World GT he put the DB10R 4th overall in controlled practice.

Once racing started, he ran into a few problems such as round 1, his body rubbed the tires and sliced them up. Wheelwells were too small but still managed to put it in the B main qualifier. Round 2 he was on pace to put the car in the top 5 and got blown off the track but still managed to up his position. 3rd qual, he forgot to plug in his receiver pack so he pulled it and in the 4th qual got a good run with a few bobbles but wound up in the top of the B main.

In the B main, his car was on fire. His laps were fast enough to put him in the top 5 but ran into slower traffic and got punted. His fast lap in the main was 11.4 which was right on par with the top 3 in the A main. Not bad for a guy who races 3-4 times a year and with a prototype car he ran for the first time. The car worked extremely well. We have now tackled and were able to overcome the high levels of rear traction that we struggled with at the big races. We were able to free the rear of the car up at will and actually had to dial steering out of the car. Overall, the car far exceeded my expectations. It was absolutely amazing how well it ran with minimal time to find a decent setup. The new suspension geometry is ideal for the lighter weight of the lipo battery. I will post some pics shortly.

In World GT, he was in the top 10 all week and finished 4th overall. We had a few weeks of testing with the new parts for this car so we went in with more of a baseline setup. I am proud to see both cars do so well. Mike did a hell of a job all week working with me on the new car and wheeling both of them. A big thanks goes out to him. congrats buddy, you did great.

Thanks,
Jason