R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - To mod or not to mod
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 07:09 AM
RAlmeida
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
When people assume to know everything there is to know is when the progress will stop.........I have been involved in modifying engines my entire life, my father had a Speed shop and raised our family off building high performance machines....My grandfather raised my father off building high performance machines..... The very things I see written in this post against engine modding are the same things the critics have been saying for generations.....I will gladly put my skills with modding these engines to the test for anyone willing to give me a fair test........ I am not much for big flowery words, or unrealistic claims that defy the laws the physics.... But if you think the engineers at the factories are the only ones with a strong understanding of loop scavenging 2 strokes you are sadly mistaken......Many innovative developments in combustion engines over the years have come from independent sources and not the big factories.... Many times the engineers are working to develop a efficient cost effective production, which leads to compromises with the ideal design....
Good point