R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WHY?
Thread: WHY?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 02:01 PM
RAlmeida
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by griz11
What I hate to see is some kid showing up at the track with a brand-x buggy he bought for a few hundred thinking that buying cheap new would be better than a good used roller. These cars are crap. I'm not going to name names but you guys know what I'm talking about. Some of their ad's started showing up on my videos on youtube and it really pissed me off. Not much I can do about it. A kid will get stuck with one of these pieces of crap get discouraged and drop the hobby. When people ask me for favorites I always refer them to a good web site on R/C. Tell them to ask before they buy the cheap crap. They aren't going to know inexpensive but good from crap. They just see their dream buggy for 100's of dollars less than it really costs for a car thats fit to race. No way to stop these kids from getting ripped off than to educate them whenever possible. A lot of kids come up to me and ask about whats good etc. And comments in forums and pm's. By sending them to a decent forum where they can learn and get decent advice I'm hoping to do my part to make sure these rip-off kits go away.

Griz
Thank you, you explained it better than me, that was what my original rant was about.