R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hello guys,
I will admit, there is no way I am going to be able to sort through 200+ pages, so I will just see what you can help me with from this point on.

I just bought a Corally package --3 cars (sp12m, and 2 I think sp12g2or 3, one has a graphite chassis) then a bunch of spares. I have never raced 12th, all the cars are used, but I think I am going to go with the sp12m and sell the other 2. I have watched the car race (from the seller) and it was very smooth, so I am hoping it is pretty well set up. I do have some questions:

1. For ozite, what compound tires should I get. He said pink or gold, I don't know if he meant all around or what. Of course, they have to be Corally. I also got a bunch of bare rims, how hard would it be to mount my own?

2. The other 2 cars have a one piece aluminum front end. He had a spare, but mentioned he didn't know why becuase they never broke. He said the graphite plates do break, so I was considering changning the 12m to the one piece front end. Looks pretty easy, what do you think,

3. The syrup appears to have leaked out the pod (was loose), so what should I do for that?

4. I saw a graphite chassis on Stormer hobbies for $40. A good investment?

BTW--Racing 4 cell stock on carpet.
www.mikeshobbyshop.com if you care.

Anything else to get started?