R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for budget level buggy or truggy??
Old 01-24-2010, 02:24 AM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Losi cars

Losi rtr cars are competitive, but the servos burn out, the scews strip out, and they wear out fast, the wheels get sloppy, the steering wears fast, sure if you want to jump right in, get a losi, but if you want to learn a little and get involved, buy a used rc8 on ebay, or a mugen, the mbx5 is a good car, and at the race tonight, almost all the sportsman drivers had mbx5's or kyosho 777's. You can get a 777 for like 100 bucks on ebay, and buy two ace 1313 servos, and a good airtronics or futaba fm radio. the servos are pricey at 75 bucks each, and the radio for 75-100 bucks max.. I like the airtronics mx3, it fits in my hand good and isn't a cheap feel radio like the spectrum stuff. Starter box 75-100 bucks, and reciever batt,ib1600 15 bucks, and so on, would put you in around 4-500 bucks maybe more. The nova bf engine is 150 bucks but will outlast that losi taiwan engine 4x......over...Besides building a buggy is fun, it's your 1st nitro buggy, make it yours, you won't forget it. RTR's are really nice, the Associated rc8 rtr is slick too. I hate to recommend an outdated car like the 777 or the mbx5, but it seems to be the thing to do in sportsman, just at least get a novarossi bf .21 its perfect.....