R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DNX408 Prototype
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 04:34 PM
TRArena
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by underway
But Serpent has the track advantage. Meaning its car is running RIGHT NOW at CRCRC for the public to see and admire. While the PICS look great we all know that waiting is not a racers strong point! Take the OD car for instance, alot of people lost interest waiting... Hopefully this car will hit the market before the spring/summer season begins in the midwest and east coast....
Yep, I take your point on the avertising effectiveness of good on track results and the issues OD faced with production delays however it seems to me that Serpent have rushed out press release photos after the reaction that Durango's pics seem to have stirred up recently. I may be wrong but why else would they photograph a used car on used tyres for a press release? Even if they only have produced a single proototype, surely some one would have been clued up enough to photograph the thing for promo work before it hit the dirt?! As long as Durango do actually release in April I think their press releases to date may have influenced alot of racers to actually hold off purchasing the new Serpent until they can actually see / compare the Durango.