R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Shepherd Velox V10
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Chickentrader
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Good lookin out WINGRACER, another 1 for my fellow V10 pilots, Has anyone done any durability test on the plastics? I ran a NT1 and then a RRR after that, any they r both 2nd to none in the strenght of the plastics......I ask bcause I finished my build lastnight, but shepherds plastic kinda reminds me of the NTC3 material, very rigid but looks brittle.....I could b wrong I hope im wrong!!!
Check the President's Shield (BRCCC) results. One Shepherd (one out of two in the field I believe) did 148 laps in a 150 Lap race last night. This particular car was knocked out by another car in the middle stages and lost 8 laps, as the steering linkage had to be fixed. The race time was 7 minutes faster than the previous year, and could probably have been cut by another couple of minutes by this Shepherd, if not for the mishap. The other Shepherd also finished the race, without problems. It should perhaps be mentioned that a MTX4 was about as fast as the Shepherd in the early stages of the race, but as far as reliability goes; the Shepherds stood out.

Kindest regards,
Lars.