R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan
Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 AM
pgeldz
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Murdadock

BTW, I think Paulie fried a MM in his DB01 with a 19T. I know it ran great for a race out at BIOs and we were out there a week or so before it closed and it overheated and shat.
Yup, you are correct Jason. The 19t pinion was just too much for the 5700 in the DB01 for the hot summer temps at Bios. I recorded peak motor temps of 212F. The 17t pinion was the solution, and I didn't really give up much either in the way of performance, as you couldn't really use all the top speed anyway.

Originally Posted by igyrigged
The whole 1/8 track was rolled by Mike, and the landing for the triple was reworked today. Jon hauled a crap load of dirt. Basically the spacing is the same between all three now, and we did not touch the landing. You can now screw it up without casing it.
Dang! You guys move fast! Glad to see the triple is a little more friendly, but if the landing wasn't touched it still doesn't address the fact that when you overshoot it you will still flatland from like 6 feet, which was one of the major complaints in the first place, no?

I never cared about that, but I know it was a major sticking point with some folks...

- Paulie