R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Murnan Modified Motors
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 05:36 AM
OutlawIGT2
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Grinder
Hi. Both of these engines will run similar times. The 35+21 needs to be geared a little shorter, as it comes on hard at half track to the end. The R1 comes on hard to half track, and then flattens out a little compared to the 35+21. Sean uses a Mac 1120 boat pipe with both engines.

The 35+21 has more peak torque, and HP than the R1. It is just harder to harness the 35+21 power due to peaks happening higher in the powerband compared to the R1.

The comparable cost increase on the R1 vs 35+21 is due to the R1 coming with a steel rear bearing. The 35+21 comes with a ceramic that I can sell as spare parts.
I understand the increase in price. Thanks for the response, basically the same I was hearing around the track. The Kangaroo 14mm has more tq. and spool up faster than the 35+21 14.5mm crank. I here a few guys will be testing the Nova 2052 pipe with these engines for 2010. I have run the Mac 1120 myself.

Yesterday 02:16 PM
Brent Davis so does MMM offer a drag engine with dyno testing it?
Brent, very good qestion. I would like to see the dyno pulls as well to compare the curves. I have to make a decision to go with something by the end of the week, to get the engine back and ready in time for test-n-tune. Hadn't plan to drop this much, but maybe there is something here over the other modders to justify the extra $170 and $250 cost difference. Maybe it's in the bearings....