R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan
Old 01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
YDBD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=igyrigged;6885339]

Has anyone made any suspension changes to their vehicles yet for this track?

Jon, I hope you don't think you are going to "fix" the triple the same way you fixed it the last time. Making the landing longer and flatter is NOT a fix. Honestly, some good ideas could/should be given up before all the complaining. You can criticize all you want, but if you aren't going to offer up your own ideas, what good are you doing? It's a widow maker, is not an idea, it is a cop out. I'll be the first to admit it is not perfect, but I think it just needs some minor tweaking and little time learning the timing to be good. You guys do realise there was a decision made that basically said leave it until after the opening, because we ran out of time?

QUOTE]

Making the landing longer and flatter? It's short and steep and then totally flat. I never got to drive it when it was "fixed" so I can't answer how it was. It needs major tweaking, not minor. More dirt.

Originally Posted by Turboprop130
Jon I know what your problem is. You see those big words on the side of the caster boxes... made in china. LOL just kidding.

I'm not trying to start a brand war here, but you all know OFNA makes the best buggies
OFNA=Ho Bao=Hong Nor=Chinese but under three different names, OFNA being the leftovers...

Originally Posted by pgeldz

Yes, it started as a simple question, but later in the thread you did say "I tried to convince them it's a widow maker" and "the landing sucks".

I think Jon was spot on with what he told me in an e-mail. There was just not enough dirt there on the 3rd jump to do what we wanted. Heck, we even dumped more dirt on it in the final days before the grand opening in the hopes of rounding out the top to get rid of the point, but it still needed a lot more. The descision was made that we were trying to do to much in too little time before the opening, and we needed to tackle other tasks, so that's exactly what happened, and we stopped working on it.

- Paulie
Oh and Paulie, we changed the run up to the triple on Ethan's suggestion and your agreemenet in post 145 and 146 in the old thread:

I like the crossover design and Paulie's sketch. My vote is for Paulie's sketch, but there must be enough of a run up to clear the triple. Just my opinion.

I agree about the tripple. If we ended up going with that sketch design, I'd also like to move the tripple to the left a little to allow proper run up.

- Paulie

We had more dirt there and then it was reworked, I may have worked it wrong making it longer and flatter. We need more dirt on the first and the third, make them twice as tall as they are now.

watching other tracks on youtube, I have seen none that have a drastic jump that needs such a run up, let alone triples, the tracks seem to flow. The triple distrupts the fahrvernugen...