R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan
Old 01-20-2010, 02:50 PM
YDBD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pgeldz
Speaking of tracks, sorry to hear you guys are having issues with the tripple and washboard section. I agree the tripple is too short, but if the track was built like I designed it, you'd have much less run up and the tripple would fair much better. Having said that, I do agree with you guys though if built like my drawing, guys would be landing in the main straight which wouldn't be safe, so I agree with the descision that was made to avoid that, but it created the problem now of having too much run up, and flatlanding rather easily.

To fix it, here are a couple of suggestions...

Make the first jump of the tripple more verticle, so it throws you up higher and not as far out...

- Paulie
Paulie, I know you want make this a downsider, but we placed the dirt in the wrong spot and not enough. A big double downsider would have been better like the first one at Bios, and when they reworked it to a triple, it sucked.

The triple is just going to be a widowmaker until we get it right. Run up is not an issue as neither Ken nor I need more than 10 feet to clear the triple four feet beyond the landing hump. Biggest problem is that we are getting so high (six to eight feet) we are losing speed and dropping almost straight down, so thowing a car up higher than six feet would be even worse. The first jump of the triple tells the tale as it is too steep, you can see the chassis scrapes on it.

We added more dirt to the landing area and stretched it out at one point but that got reworked into a jump again, rather than a landing zone. It needs to be stretched back out at a better angle.

As far as the bumps go, wrong line is gonna be hard on any car and wheel base plays a huge factor. Maybe a little more dirt there will help, but as the track gets run on it'll get bad again...